Monday, December 22, 2008

Press Release - Introducing AmberRugs




Pasargad and nationally acclaimed Artist Amber "Ja'Ski" Watkins introduce AmberRugs


Introducing AmberRug, a Designer Rug collection. Bright, bold, and whimsical, the AmberRug will breathe life into any room, giving it vibrancy unequaled by any other rug on the worldwide market.



For_Immediate_Release:

United States of America (Press Release)


December 1, 2008 -- WASHINGTON, DC - Interior designers won't have to crane their necks very far to see the next concept in Postmodern design. District area artist and painter Amber "Ja'Ski" Watkins is now using the carpet as a canvas for her abstact works. The result is called AmberRug. "The seed was planted years ago when I was decorating my home and couldn't find any rugs that would complement the modern vibe in my house. Once I started painting, I looked at one [of my paintings] and said to myself, you know, that would look nice as a rug!"Anyone looking for plain floor treatments that unobtrusively blend into their surroundings doesnt want an AmberRug. "I feel like what I'm doing is particularly relevant now, because in these dark days, everyone could use something to brighten up their lives." Ja'Ski is new to the design scene, but has national acclaim in the art world, boasting exhibitions in New York, Atlanta, Detroit, and numerous galleries in the District. Recently, one of her works on canvas, Outside The Box, was auctioned at Art for Life, an annual fundraiser for AIDS awareness held by the Whitman Walker clinic. "I donate a piece to Whitman Walker every year because I feel that it's my duty to do what I can in my own community. AIDS awareness is something we should all be concerned with, and its rewarding to see my art making a difference."AmberRug's premier collection of five designs will be available in January of next year through a yet undisclosed retailer. Exclusive designs are also available for other buyers through direct order.With names like Blue Electric and Rennaissance, AmberRugs are energetically ushering in the rebirth of contemporary floor treatments, and Ja'Ski is enthusiastic about her future in design. "I hope AmberRugs can find their way into the homes and offices of anyone that wants one. It's what most rooms are missing. They will bring life, energy, and beauty to homes and offices all around the world. People will visit and say, WOW... what a nice rug!"Check out Jafel's Blog..www.jafelco.blogspot.com

No comments: