Sunday, November 22, 2009

My thoughts

With all the crime and senseless murders that's plaguing the youth in the DC area, and around the country, we have to agree that something has to be done to inspire and revive our youth. (They will be our future leaders ya' know)

Some teens seem to be of a poor mind set with little regard for life and the law. And I'm not sure what that is rooted in, but as adults, we have to find a way to show them a better path. It is not cool to get locked up, shot or shot at, robbed or involved with gang activity that is not of a positive nature.

I truly believe they are missing Arts exposure. (And I'm not biased) The "Arts" cover a lot of things, such as Music, Fine Arts, Fashion and other creative fields. Their choices should not be limited to a Doctor, Lawyer, football/basketball player, or CRIMINAL. More emphasis needs to be made on other paths. The youth needs to be immersed in positive activities and knowledge to prevent other non-productive activities and thoughts from surfacing. In other words, the youth needs something to do!

If I can plead with the parents to get their youngsters involved in something, besides NOTHING. It would do us all a world of good.

I know we as parents are tired, working adults, but if we don't inspire our children, who will? The streets will!! (if I can answer my own question)

So, my question to you is,
How are you inspiring the youth to reach greater heights?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: